Made any New Year’s Resolutions yet? If joining a gym or learning Spanish isn’t really doing it for you, why not take a look at some of these fun ideas.
No lycra involved
- Recycle that sweater. Take all your unwanted Christmas presents into your local Scope shop. We won’t tell Auntie Maureen.
- Make new friends. Join the online community and chat to others in similar situations. Find support, share your experiences and swap ideas with other other people connected by disability.
- Discover your inner creativity. Write a blog for us. Tell the world about your secret hobby or a campaign you feel passionate about.
- Enjoy guilt-free shopping. Sign up to Give as you Live and a percentage of every purchase you make at thousands of online stores will go to Scope.
- Give us a tip. Had a eureka moment recently? Don’t keep it to yourself. Add it to our fantastic tips section and enjoy the warm glowy feeling of passing it on.
- Take up backgammon. You might even want to join us for the 16th annual Backgammon and Bridge Tournament on 22 March.
Step it up a gear
- Bake a difference. Hold a cake stall at your workplace, school or local club and donate the proceeds to Scope. If you email us your name and address we’ll even send you a cookie cutter!
- Rattle a tin. Collect for Scope in your local community. If you can give up an hour a week or a day a week, we’ll provide you with a collection tin, a Scope T-shirt and a letter of authority.
- Volunteer for Scope. If you’re unemployed, volunteering can help boost your skills and confidence, and improve your CV at the same time. We’ll give you all the support and training you need.
- Make a will. Don’t forget to leave a little something for Scope. Find out why gifts in wills are so important.
- Use your mobile phone to donate. Give £3 a month from your mobile phone bill. You can skip a month or stop your donation at any time.
Become a superhero
- Ride London-Surrey. Cycle 100 miles from the new Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London, through Surrey’s stunning country roads and hills. This incredible event takes place on 2 August but you can guarantee your place now.
- Become a mentor for a young disabled person through Scope’s First Impressions/First Experiences service. Email us for more information.
- Abseil down the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park Orbit. One of London’s top iconic visitor attractions, take in the awesome views as you descend the Olympic Park Orbit on 7 March.
- Become a campaigner. Want to make a change? Get involved in community campaigning. We’ll show you how.
- Climb Ben Nevis. Take on one of the highest mountains in Britain … or join a trek up Mount Kilimanjaro. Or how about six days trekking and camping in Machu Picchu, Peru? Find out more about Scope’s trekking challenges.
Still stuck for inspiration? Visit the Scope website for more ways to get involved.